Day 1: Are You Ready To Get A Little Dirty?
I’m sure you’ve heard this one a time or two... The money is in the list.
Another way I’ve heard it described is that your list is like an ATM. If you need some extra cash, send out a solo email for a product and voi la´… the money starts coming in.
#RealTalkMoment it’s not quite that easy, but there’s a lot of truth to you.
First, you should NEVER treat your village like a cash machine. You need to develop a target list. Then you need to make sure you treat them well by consistently adding value and only promote quality offers for products or services they can actually use.
If done properly, email marketing can be one of the most profitable parts of your online business.
Before you can market to your list, you need to build it. No matter where you are at with your business, anyone can benefit from a larger, more targeted list. And that’s what we’ll cover over the next 30 days.
This is a series of blog posts to help you get better at list building and to challenge you to do something every single day over the next 30 days to grow your list. You game?
If you haven’t already done so, take a minute to sign up for the It's In Your List email challenge >> here. You’ll get daily reminders, additional tips, and access to a special Facebook group where you can ask questions and chat with others working on growing their lists.
TIME FOR AN AUDIT
Before we dive in and start growing our lists (yes, I’m going to work on this right along with you), it’s important to make sure everything is working the way it should. This is also very helpful to determine what you have infrastructure wise and what you may want to add over the course of this challenge.
Speaking of the challenge and this series of blog post about list building I should mention that this challenge is not for complete beginners. I’m assuming that you already have a list set up and that you’re getting some subscribers. This challenge is all about getting better at list building and trying various different strategies to grow our lists faster.
Okay, where did I leave off? Oh yeah... your audit! Here's what I need you to do.
- Take a look at the list or lists you want to work with over the course of this challenge.
- Look at the opt-in box or opt-in page. Is it still relevant to what you do? Does it attract the right type of people into your funnel?
- Sign up for your list and make sure everything is working.
- Take a look at your Welcome Email and Thank You Page. Click on every link to every resource you mention and check that they’re still working and that the information is still valid.
- Fix anything that isn’t working right and start thinking about how you can improve what you have right now.
- Get ready for the rest of the challenge.
- Come back to the blog daily, or even better, make sure you’re signed up for the It's In Your List email challenge >> here.
I will see you back here tomorrow!